Pastors Travis Jarrett & Mark Schory took some time to answer these questions last Sunday in our latest "Ask Anything - Live!" service. Click here to listen to their answers to your questions.
2. Should I have friends who aren’t Christians?
3. What would John say about hybrid religions (Christianity+“X”)?
4. What would John say to someone who thinks the supernatural/spiritual world isn’t involved with the natural/physical world? [Eph. 6:12 “Not against flesh & blood”]
5. [1:6-7] - I have a hard time loving God – what can I do about that?
6. What happens if I don’t spend time with God?
7. I struggle with doubt in my faith – what can I do about that?
8. [5:13] - What would John say about eternal security? How do I know I have eternal life?
2. [Eph. 1:6-8] - Why do we need to confess our sins if they have already been forgiven? [Positional vs. Relational forgiveness]
3. [Matt. 18:15-20] What should a church do if a member sins? [1 Cor. 5:1-13 / 2 Cor. 2:5-11]
4. [2:19] - What would John say to people who leave churches, denominations, or Christianity? [1 Cor. 5:9-13]
2. [3:14-15] - What if I don’t hate a person, but don’t love them either?
3. [3:17, 4:19] - Am I responsible to help if someone brings their problems on themselves?
4. [3:22-23] - Will God answer my prayers if I don’t obey/follow him? What if I am obeying him and he still doesn’t answer?
5. [5:16] – Are there some people we shouldn’t pray for?